- Mary-Martha Circle is a Bible study group which meets on the fourth Monday of each month. Our study is open to women who are interested in learning more about the Bible.
Our current study is titled: “Twelve Women of the Bible”. Each of twelve sessions focuses on one biblical woman. This fresh look at women in the Bible helps women discover new insights and provides a powerful witness to God’s gracious love. Discussion questions are a vital part of our time together. You will leave feeling challenged, encouraged and deeply valued.
The Mary Martha Circle meets the third Monday of every month. We have Bible study, lunch and a wonderful time of fellowship. Contact the church for more information.
Feel welcome to join us. For more information, please contact our church secretary at (320) 693-3548.
- Singing in the choir is a great way to lift your voice in song to praise the Lord.
The choir is for those who are Grade 8 to adult. We hold practices on Wednesdays prior to singing at Sunday worship service. The choir sings twice each month.
The anthems provided by the choir add a special touch to our worship of God. We welcome new members.
- Our adult Sunday School class meets at 9:00 on Sunday mornings from September through May. The group is open to anyone who has either completed confirmation or is at least 15 years old. We usually discuss the day's lectionary passages, with our moderator providing background information and passages from Bible commentaries. Occasionally we have mini-units on current topics. This group is informal and welcomes all points of view.
- Before the rise of the printing press, stories were mostly passed down orally. Bible stories were shared in community; it was part of the culture, part of daily life. Now we have an explosion of different ways to communicate: tweets, texts, instant messages, Facebook. These are not the best ways to tell stories. We do share stories in picture and sound using movies and YouTube videos and TV .
Our Bible study series will seek to capture the ancient storytelling with modern storytelling techniques. Titled "The Story," through discussion and DVD lessons, we will seek to better understand God's story: God's presence with us and our life on the earth. God seeks relationship and this is an opportunity for us to know and understand God better. We all need to deepen and develop our relationship through knowledge and time with God.
Mark it on your calendars-- the first and third Tuesday of each month at 4:30. Each class is a stand-alone session, so feel welcome to join us for any or all evenings.
- We have one-room school for youth grades Kindergarten through 6th.